All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the HR and Admin. Officer position is to ensure a smooth running of the HR and admin. related activities at camp level.
Generic Responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Ensure adherence to organization’s policies and the National labour law in all processes and procedures;
- Implement the organization’s HR and Admin. systems and procedures at area level;
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Ensure smooth running of HR and admin. activates at camp level
- Perform any assignment given by immediate supervisor
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Facilitate recruitment of new staff, do reference checks of selected candidates in collaboration with the concerned sector;
- Process documentation and prepare reports related to personnel activates (staff list, staff recruitment, Contracts, and leave balance, trainings, grievance and Performance evolution etc)
- Update tracking sheet for personal files and make sure that all files are updated and have the necessary documents
- Maintain and keep track of leave records and balances.
- Advice and support line manager in the recruitment and selection processes
- Ensure that all new staffs have filled ID forms and make sure every staff has the organization ID card.
- Follow up the pension forms to be filled; have one copy for personal files; submit the forms to Pension Office; collect pension ID cards from this office; and give the ID card after getting signed by the respective staff
- Ensure that staff records are up to date and filed appropriately
- Facilitating staff meeting
- Collecting Staff time sheets
- Keep always information of HR department confidential
- Update CV banking regularly
- Create CV pool system that can be used for emergency recruitment
General Office Administration
- Check and ensure the maintenance of NRC premises (Office and Guesthouse) and facilities, are maintained and repaired as necessary
- Supervise efficient operation in making arrangements for hotel accommodation both for visitors and NRC staffs;
- Ensure that the office is kept clean and tidy to make the work environment amicable and conducive;
- Facilitate that all utility bills must be paid on time
- Ensure proper functioning of Office equipment and general services like water and electricity and ensure the timely maintenance of the same by relevant technician;
- Assess and prepare requests for consumables, sanitary items, stationeries, furniture’s office utilization etc
- Replenishment admin. stocks are available at all times.
- Prepare payment documentation and liaise closely with the finance team concerning payment of purchased and delivered goods and services.
- Provide technical support and quality check for admin related procurements;
- Follow up the cleanliness and service efficiency of Cleaners and Cooks at Mai-Tsibrie office
- Take the lead in coordinating, facilitating and tracking trainings given to the organization’s staff
- Receive and record all incoming deliveries (correspondences) and liaise with the appropriate members of staff for the delivery and distribution of letters;
- Meet with the representatives of different government offices and other administrative
Compile and Submit HR and Admin monthly reports to HR and Admin. Team leader on HR peer networks
Generic professional competencies:
- BA Degree in Management / Human Resources or other related field of study;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience from working as a HR/Admin. Officer position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluent Reading, listening English, Tigrigna and Amharic a Languages
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Computer skills (common Microsoft Windows and Office applications)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
How to Apply
Please click on below link to apply!