About Frontieri: Frontieri Consult PLC, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with Office in Berlin, Germany, is one of the leading consulting firms in Ethiopia. The firm was established in 2008 primarily to undertake research and consulting activities in the areas of development in several disciplines to governmental and non-governmental organizations, and bilateral and multilateral institutions.
Frontieri is home for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. As such, the company assembled competent professionals and works in partnership with scholars across the country and abroad. For further information, please visit our website at: www.frontieri.com
Currently, we are seeking to hire a Senior Research Officer with high level of research and consultancy experience and enthusiasm. Join our team of energetic professionals that is committed to bringing change by providing adequate research findings and advisory services for policymakers and various end users.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct literature review and synthesis
- Elaborate research objectives, thematic issues, and construct research proposals accordingly
- Engaged in field implementation of survey activities (training fieldworkers, etc.)
- Conduct data analysis and statistical analysis
- In collaboration with the research team and research fellows produce quality research report
- In collaboration with the research fellows, develop innovative approaches such new techniques as may be necessary to achieve the objective of the research
- Assist with the development of research instruments and analytical tools
- Work with other staffs to access and identify technical assistance needs with regards to technical skills, supervision supported for new and ongoing projects
- Follow the effective implementation of projects with the highest quality and agreed time line
- Adopt organizational core values, policies and procedures are clearly understood and adhered to in the daily functioning
- Participate in documentation and dissemination of lessons learned
- Handle all other activities assigned by the supervisor
- PhD/MA/MSc in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Public Policy, Health, Education, Demography, Development Studies, Sociology or related fields.
- Excellent drafting skills and analytical mind.
- Excellent analytical skills on data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in-depth statistical analysis and report the results.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Ability to work with STATA and SPSS.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English language.
- Excellent communication skills and team player in diverse national and international team members.
- Abilities of working in tight timeframe and deliver within the deadline.
- Demonstrate success in working with diverse national and international team members and implementing international cooperation projects.
Experience (minimum requirement)
- A minimum of 5 years of research experience for M.Sc. holders and minimum of one year of research experience for PhD holders.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in international cooperation working in partnership with international firms and international project members.
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested and fulfill the requirements shall submit their applications/motivation letters along with updated CV via email at email@example.com by clearly marking the position title on the subject line OR in person to the following address.
Fronteri Consult P.L.C
Bole Medhanalem, in front of Sheger House, Lingo Tower 8th floor